|Sport||Date||Visiting Team||Home Team|
Select a Sport:
Select a School:
2013 Baseball Preview: Top 10 preseason power poll
2. Avon (24-4) — Several veteran players return for Avon, but the Eagles have some rebuilding to do if a third-straight West Shore Conference championship is in the cards.
3. Midview (18-9) — Eric Lauer and Cody Callaway make up one of the best 1-2 pitching combinations in the state of Ohio, giving the Middies a great shot to win the West Shore Conference this season.
4. Norwalk (22-5) — The Truckers are in pursuit of a third-straight Northern Ohio League championship, and bring a senior-laden group to the table led by Isaac Perry, Collin Souter and Michael FInch.
5. Edison (19-10) — All-Ohio pitcher Adam Wroblewski returns for his junior season as the Chargers and their talented staff hope to win another district championship.
6. Lorain (18-9) — A Titans team full of senior talent both in the lineup and the rotation could boast great results after a disappointing end to the 2012 season.
7. Westlake (24-7) — The Demons made a magical run to the state championship game last season, but have some work to do as first-year coach Brendan Zepp has to replace his top two starting pitchers along with 14 departed seniors.
8. Keystone (22-9) — First-year coach Bert Fitzgerald returns a young, but experienced team fresh off a district championship including pitcher Michael Martin and shortstop Kendle Stiner.
9. Perkins (19-10) — Senior pitcher Cameron Waldock and Seth Bryant were All-Sandusky Bay Conference a year ago, and look to steer the Pirates further after reaching the district final last year.
10. Elyria Catholic (18-10) — After reaching the district semifinal a year ago, the Panthers, led by seniors Chris Tomshack and Dan Whitacre, believe they have what it takes to compete with Avon and Midview in the West Shore Conference.
Last Updated: 3/30/2013 9:48:19 PM EST